Duty Manager (Maternity Cover)
Maternity Cover – Duty Manager (90hrs minimum)
Fixed term; 8 months (with the possibility of extension or permanent contract)
£11.60 p/h (Training rate; NMW)
If you are a passionate and energetic individual with a keen interest in working in an active environment – then you are exactly what we are looking for!
Our centre has a great climbing gym, a large trampoline area, a ninja course, foam pits and soft play. Not to forget the café and bar!
Why work with us?
We have a focus on building a community, not just for our customers but for our staff too. We like to provide an inclusive place to hang out, climb, jump and work.
The Duty Manager will help lead the day-to-day operations to ensure the smooth running of the centre. This involves managing, motivating and supporting the on-floor team, to maintain excellent health and safety, customer service and the quality of the facilities and products. Alongside this, having a critical awareness of staff welfare.
This requires the individual to be very organised, a strong leader and someone who is able to multitask like a pro!
- Key holder of the centre
- Accurate financial reporting
- Manages and motivates the on-floor team to do the best of their ability through support and coaching
- Be the bridge between on-floor staff and the management team
- Ensuring the safety of the centre through the completion of safety checks and floor walks
- Cultivate a friendly, welcoming and professional culture. Being the first point of contact for any customer or staff feedback or complaints
Essential Skills / Experience
- Active Receptionist or Duty Manager experience
- Customer service experience
- Strong ability to multitask
- Awareness of Health and Safety
- Proven experience in managing and leading a team
Desirable Skills / Experience
- Fluent in the use of Rock Gym Pro / booking system
- Experience in a leisure industry setting
Internal and external recruitment drive
If you are interested in the role, please apply with a CV and Cover Letter
Application deadline; Friday 16th February
Interviews commence; Week beginning 19th February
Ideal start date; 1st March
Job Types: Part-time, Fixed term contract
Contract length: 8 months
Salary: £11.60 per hour
- Casual dress
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee discount
- Gym membership
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- What about this job appeals most to you?
- Customer service: 1 year (required)
- Leadership: 1 year (required)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 16/02/2024
Expected start date: 04/03/2024