Hours: 60 Hours Per Month (Minimum)
Required Availability: Weekends
Rate of Pay: From £10.60p/h
We’re looking for a proactive individual to join our reception team in a busy climbing gym and activity centre.
– Flashpoint Bristol; a bouldering wall designed for climbers of all abilities
– Freedog Bristol; a trampoline and softplay activity centre to allow children and families to socialise in an exciting environment
The receptionist will be the first point of contact for all customers, participants and visitors. They will be expected to have a firm idea of product knowledge for Freedog and Flashpoint, building layout and policies. The receptionist will be expected to deliver excellent customer service and deliver a consistent approach to conflict management in line with company procedures.
The receptionist will be responsible for customer liaising, ensuring bookings, payments, safety documents and provisions (socks and shoes) are completed to expectations and regulations. Receptionists will also be responsible for cash handling, cleaning, basic café duties (barista and snacks), stock management, delivering briefings, liaising with customers on various platforms, completing necessary maintenance inspections for the day, and daily departmental task lists.
They will support the Duty Manager in safety management (documents and session capacities), First Aid administration and general operational support. The receptionist must have a consistent attitude towards safety and customer service.
Alongside the central area of responsibility, the receptionist will be expected to fulfil crew member responsibilities to ensure the centre is operationally smooth, subject to business requirements. The Management expects and demands a consistent quality of work performance and professionalism from the receptionist whilst court monitoring.
The receptionist will be expected to liaise internally with the Duty Manager, court monitors and café staff to ensure positive time management of sessions and information delivery.
Specific Responsibilities & Tasks:
– Providing great customer service to all customers
– Scheduling bookings and checking-in customers
– Cash handling (POS transactions)
– Data handling (customer info and safety documents)
– Monitoring our activity areas
– Assist the Operations Manager in maintaining the centre and apparatus
– Barista and allergy awareness
– First Aid (once trained)
- Casual dress
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee discount
- Gym membership
- Sick pay
- Store discount